Taste of Hallyu:
A Congressional Reception
Monday, July 27, 6-8 pm
Cannon Caucus Room 345
Cannon House Office Building
27 Independence Ave SE, Washington, DC 20003
Join us for Taste of Hallyu: A Congressional Reception Honoring National Korean War Veterans Armistice Day, celebrating of 70 Years of Korean independence and success!
Thousands of American veterans fought for freedom in Korea more than 60 years ago, but could hardly have imagined what their efforts would yield today: Korea's vibrant high-tech economy, a celebrated traditional heritage, and the global pop culture phenomenon of Hallyu. Join us to celebrate everything the Republic of Korea has accomplished in the past 70 years, and to honor the veterans who made it all possible.
- Traditional & Modern Cultural Performances
- Remarks by U.S. Congress members
- Taekwondo Demonstration
- Live Music
- Korean Traditional Drink Tastings
- Korean Food Stations, Explorations, and Tastings
- Networking Reception
- Featuring: Rami Seo's Project World Music Ensemble, musician Dave Tauler, KAYPA (Korean American Youth Performing Artists), food by Esther's Kitchen, members of the Taekwondo Outreach Foundation and Majest Martial Arts, and more!
The Korean Cultural Center Washington, D.C. is proud to host this special event in conjunction with Congressman Charles B. Rangel (D-NY) & Chairman Ed Royce (R-CA) of the Congressional Caucus on Korea.