Thu, September 24, 2015 @ 07:00 PM to 09:30 PM
Embassy of the Philippines
1600 Massachusetts Avenue,NW
- The Majesty of Manila
- The Luxury of the Boracay Beaches
- The Mysteries of the Chocolate Hills and Lake Taal
Tonight, you are invited to step upon foreign soil as we experience a cultural evening with our Southeast Asian friends at the Embassy of the Philippines. The Philippines has developed a mixed culture from the blending of foreign influences with different elements. Filipinos are Malay with a sprinkling of Chinese, American, Spanish, and Arab. Hospitality, a trait displayed by Filipinos, makes these people legendary in Southeast Asia. Seldom can you find such hospitable people.
Tonight, we will be embraced by their hospitality in such a way that you will hopefully find a second home on the other side of the world with your Filipino friends.
This evening features:
1) Filipino Cuisine: Filipino cuisine has Chinese, Malay and Spanish influences. We will sample several arrays of merienda and pulutan. Special menus are being designed under consultation from the embassy, and a more thorough description of our Filipino feast will be detailed soon.
2) OPEN BAR: Filipino and regional Drinks: Enjoy a blend of Filipino and Southeast Asian beer, wine and other non alcoholic refreshments.
3) Filipino Cultural Music and Dance Presentation: Experience costumed Filipino entertainment as they bring a musical flavor of their home country to your backyard. Throughout the performance, you will hear traces of the various Asian and Western influences that have affected Filipino culture throughout the centuries.
4) Filipino Art: View an array of Filipino paintings, artifacts and other items of art on display to add to your cultural experience and viewing pleasure.
5) Filipino Cultural and Tourism Film: Throughout the evening, enjoy an ongoing private film displaying the highlights of the sights, people, and general wonders of our
6) Diplomatic Greeting: Diplomats from the Embassy will be on hand to personally greet you and to answer any questions you may have.
Business Casual. No jeans, sneakers, shorts, flip flops or plain tee shirts.