Friday, January 22, 2016 at 7:00 PM
Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia
601 New Hampshire Avenue, N.W
Washington DC 20037
Business attire is requested.
We cordially request the pleasure of your company at a very special reception at the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia. We invite you to an evening of Saudi Arabian culture and cuisine along with the opportunity to meet the embassy staff as well as other ICDC members with an interest in international cultures.
Presentation of Customary Clothing and Media Presentation
The evening features a presentation of customary clothing from Saudi Arabia along with a Media Presentation giving you insight into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia including its people, culture, and customs.
Question and Answer Session with the Embassy Staff
Feel free to ask anything you ever wanted to know about customs, lifestyle, politics in Saudi Arabia in the Question and Answer Session following the Media Presentation.
Traditional Saudi Buffet
Please join us for a traditional Saudi Buffet prepared by the Embassy's caterer. The reception begins at 7:00 PM with refreshments followed by a dinner buffet of Saudi Arabian culinary delights at the end of the evening.
Dinner Buffet of Traditional Cuisine (the menu is subject to change)
- Grape Leaves Stuffed w/ Rice & Lebneh (dry yogurt)
- Tabouleh Salad
- Tomato, Peppers, Cucumber, Olives, Feta, Salad
- Kibbeh: Ground meat and spinach infused with Middle Eastern spices
- Boneless Breast of Chicken Kabob with onions and colorful peppers
- Wedding Rice (Basmati) with pine nuts and raisins
- Rack of Lamb with Cucumber Sauce
- Fried eggplant and cauliflower in lemon brown butter with tomato and herbs
A Fresh fruit display with Melons, Pineapple, Kiwi, Strawberries, and Grapes along with traditional Saudi desserts. An assortment of fruit juices, water, and soda will also be served. Please note that due to cultural reasons, alcohol will not be served during this embassy reception.