Presented in collaboration with Francophonie DC and La Maison Française at the Embassy of France.
Closing celebration of the 2018 DC Francophonie Cultural Festival
Fri., March 23, 7–11 p.m. (Doors will open at 7 p.m.)
La Maison Française at the Embassy of France, 4101 Reservoir Road, Washington, DC
Get ready for a spectacular party with a French accent. The annual Francophonie Cultural Festival spotlights the music, art, literature, film, cuisine, and customs of French-speaking countries and regions from across the globe. Its closing celebration, La Grande Fete, is always magnifique, and this year’s bash is no exception.
Beginning at 7 p.m., launch into a world tour of francophone cultures. Sample food and drink from more than 30 embassies as you explore each nation’s unique attractions and traditions. Share your experiences throughout the night on Instagram using #at8enfrancais.
DJ Princess Slaya spins music from Africa, the Caribbean, Europe, and plenty of destinations in between. Don’t miss this chance to experience the best of the French-speaking world—all without leaving home.
Participating organizations and embassies will be announced at a later date.
For Embassy security purposes, all guests names must be provided at the time of registration. The name on your confirmation should match the name on your ID. If you wish to give your ticket to someone else, please update your registration information on Event Brite at any time. No guests will be allowed entry if their names have not been submitted in advance. IDs will be checked at the door.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance (no sales at the door).
- Tickets include admission and food and drink samples from 7 to 9 p.m.; a cash/credit bar provided by Tortoise & Hare Bar and Grille is open throughout the night.
- IDs are checked at the door. Those under 21 will not be served alcohol.
- No backpacks or bike helmets are allowed.
- La Maison Française does not offer on-site parking.Limited street parking is available on Reservoir Road; public garages are available at Georgetown University Hospital nearby.
- If you're looking for public transit options, the Metrobus D5 and D6 routes have stops near the event's location.
- For more information about this year's Francophonie Cultural Festival, visit Facebook.