FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING INTERNSHIP – SUMMER/FALL 2017
Meridian International Center’s Finance & Accounting department will offer an internship to a qualified sophomore, junior, or senior interested in gaining a greater understanding of non-profit accounting in a grant and private funded international non-governmental organization.
The Summer/Fall 2017 Finance & Accounting Intern will work closely with the Director of Finance, and will assist with the daily operations of the Finance & Accounting department.
The Intern will have the learning opportunity to assist with grant management functions, compare project expenses to budgets, research general ledger transactions, assist with accounts payable processing, prepare journal entries and invoices, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, and other administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
Hours per week, start, and end dates are flexible, though ideal candidates would begin ASAP and intern 10-20 hours per week. Though internships are unpaid, a small commuting stipend is offered.
Qualified applicants will:
- Be currently studying for, or have recently completed, an undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Have proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrate professionalism, good organizational skills, and clear communication abilities
Applicants are required to:
- Commit 10-20 hours per week to the internship
- Be fluent in verbal and written English