Embassy of the Republic of Singapore
Washington, DC 20008
The Social Secretary is responsible for planning and coordinating social events and functions for the Ambassador and the Embassy. This will include pre-event preparation, logistical arrangements leading up to the event, ensuring that the event proceeds smoothly, and the post-event administrative work.
The post-holder will also be required to manage the event schedule for the Ambassador's Residence and the Embassy as well as the schedule of the Ambassador's spouse.
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-pace environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team-working skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Words,Excel and Outlook) and basic accounting
- Flexibility to work evening or weekends when necessary (overtime will be compensated)
- Background in event management is preferred
- Willingness to learn new skills
Please send your resume and a cover letter by 26 April 2019 and note on the subject of your email " Social Secretary". Only succesful candidates will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off