Public Diplomacy Internship- Spring 2017
THIS for Diplomats - Washington, DC
- Utilize database systems, Avectra and Leadership Alerts, to enter and update diplomat records with title changes, arrivals and departures.
- Answer phone inquiries from general public, embassy representatives, diplomats and spouses.
- Collaborate with THIS Staff manage social media presence.
- Develop and manage google documents and google forms to streamline incoming information.
- Support THIS Staff with event logistics and general administrative tasks, as needed.
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs or related field.
- Passion for international diplomacy and digital communication
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of graphic design programs and social media management (Photoshop, Google docs and Facebook Pages)
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency in Windows based applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience working with statistics and generating data
- No prior experience required
- Office experience preferred
- Rising Juniors to first year Masters students
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /year
- Washington, DC